Autumn / Fall at Blue Moon
Autumn / Fall is a great time in this area - so much to see & do; just one example - you can enjoy the magnificient fall colours & studio tours without the maddening crowds found elsewhere while taking advantage of the much lower fall rates & discounts.
Fall Colour and Studio Tours
The fall colours in this area during late September and early October are truly magnificent – they may not be as famous as the colors in New England; but, really are just as beautiful and with lot less people and much lower accommodation costs. We recommend you get out and around to enjoy the panoramic vistas. Self-drive studio tours are organized at this time of the year so you have an extra incentive to get out and enjoy. Some studios are open practically year round, some seasonally, other by appointment, but ALL open their doors for you during the tours.
Apsley & District Studio Tour (Generally takes place mid September)
Map and brochure available at their web site www.apsleystudiotour.com
Bancroft & Area Studio Tour (Generally takes place mid September)
“The artists & crafts people of the Bancroft & Area Studio Tour will open their studios and homes to the public just as the hills of north Hastings don their most colourful garb. The breathtaking autumn panoramas of lakes and rocks and trees provide a setting for the studios of these talented workers and showcase unique works of superb craftsmanship. The studios and homes, themselves creative answers to the problems of living and working as an artist, offer the visitor glimpses into their innovative lifestyles, as fascinating as the art itself.”
Haliburton County Studio Tour (Generally takes place early October)
Madawaska Valley Studio Tour (Generally takes place early October)
On their web site – Meet the artists and craftspeople and check out the detailed studio tour map.
Ontario Fall Colour Report
Updated weekly during fall/autumn colour season or call 1-800-ONTARIO for updated reports each Monday and Thursday during the season.
Rally of the Tall Pines
- Annual event – always 2nd half of November
- Based in Bancroft Ontario
- Round Six of the Canadian Rally Championship – features tight year-end battles which make for hard driving and great spectating.
- Challenging conditions for the drivers. Dirt, snow and ice routinely mix together on the roads to provide a supreme test of driving skill.
- Thanks to the efforts of Maple Leaf Rally Clubs
this event is one of the best-run rallies in North America.
- FREE Rally of the Tall Pines Official Spectator Guide available at one of the local Bancroft sponsors, rally headquarters or at the Celebration of RallySport Party.