At Blue Moon Retreat
We have many activities & outdoor adventures for people of all ages. Whether it's the middle of summer and you're trying to cross the water log in the lake or a cold winter morning and you've decided to take a warm coffee and some snowshoes out for a walk.
Water Activities Include:
Peaceful and largely undeveloped – motor boats are allowed on the lake; but, there are not that many and we do our bit to minimize noise pollution by only supplying motor less water craft.
Island in the centre – it is small, picturesque and uninhabited by humans. Many people go over to it with one of our watercraft and do a bit of exploring – if you do so, please don’t start a fire or disturb the nest of the loons which is along the shore.
Very clean water – we have lake trout (and bass & walleye) which we understand signifies that the lake is very clean.
Quite deep in spots / places.
Good fishing – more than a few big ones, plus the kids love to catch bass right off the docks.
Relatively small – About 1 km by 1 km (ignoring bays); but, plenty large enough when you are paddling, canoeing or pedaling around it.
- Open all year with groomed snowmobile trails nearby
- Magnificent sunsets – we are located on south shore of the lake
- Largely unspoiled views as most of the limited development on the lake is also on the south side.
- Sugar bush – the central part of the resort used to be a sugar bush (for making maple syrup) and all the maples at the resort, across the lake and around make for breathtaking views in the fall (studio tours are held at that time).
- We have about 22 acres (9 hectares) of land of which about 50% is still forested.
- About 1,500 ft (450 metres) of lake frontage
WE HAVE PLENTY TO DO – NO EXTRA CHARGE
- Hot Tubs, suanas, Jacuzzis, canoes, kayaks, pedal & row boats, tennis, snowshoes (in winter), badminton, water trampoline, swimming rafts, other water toys from AVIVA, children’s playgrounds & gigantic sandboxes, PFDs (personal flotation devices – commonly known as life preservers), air hockey, horseshoes, etc.
On Shore Activities Include:
- Tennis court with rackets and balls
- Horseshoe pits
- Basketball nets and balls
- Badminton rackets and nets
- Swing sets
- Sandboxes and toys
- Walking trails